Friday, September 28, 2012

Bons baisers de Marseille

Bisous, baisers, bises, je t'mbrasse,  kisses... is it possible to get too many?  I don't think so.  I love the French tradition of les bises.  Always at least two, usually three in the south of France, sometimes four. What's not to love??

Moussu T e lei jovents, my favorite French group, has a great song about kisses... from Marseille.  It's on their CD named Putan de Cançon.  They are French good old boys from La Ciotat, near Marseille.  I haven't been there-- yet.  I haven't seen these guys in concert-- yet.  A certain Frenchie family (les Allemand) won tickets and brought me back a poster last spring.  So, I was almost there.  Certainly there in spirit, singing along.  (I am still searching for a bleu de Chine, too...)

I am not much of an artiste, but I was inspired during the summer of 2011 to change the song around a little bit and illustrate it since I wasn't in Marseille, just at my summer job desk in Durham.



I have a Beany Baby pink flamingo who watches over me at school.  (Actually, I have three of them now.)  If you read this blog regularly, you know that I have a thing for the Camargue and the flamants roses who live there.


Somehow I don't think that Moussu T would mind my messing with his lyrics.
Enjoy!
Bons baisers et bon appétit de Marseille!



No comments: