Sunday, October 25, 2009

I love pink...

I have been known to say "One can never have a bad day when one is wearing pink."  I do indeed wear pink as often as possible- in the form of a sweater (one Friday one of my 7th graders noted that I had worn a different pink sweater each day of that week), t-shirt, jacket or scarf.  What can I say?  I am such a girl.
I have no great recipes or words of wisdom at the moment.  I did go see a great movie this afternoon at the Carolina Theater in downtown Durham.  "Paris" with Juliette Binoche.  We showed up to buy our tickets and found Pat and Joan, of Arles 6 fame, in line in front of us!  That made it even more special-- getting to share it with them.  We've been to Paris together twice.
I have photos to share.  I started going through iPhoto (I presently have 20,103 photos in there...) looking for pink and chose a few of my favorites.

Anchovy shop in Collioure, France


The BFF and I in our pink hats before the Darius Rucker/Rascal Flatts concert in August








Pink lady apples used to make a Tarte Tatin













Pink roses at Sunset Beach on my wedding day

Rosé at the Wine Authorites

Strawberry shortcake prepared at the Umstead this summer




This t-shirt says it all!













Fireworks after a Durham Bulls baseball game













The flamant rose who sits on my desk and keeps me company

Bonne journée, rose!

No comments: