Sunday, July 25, 2010

The world's best job?

Sometimes I think I am the last person to discover something everyone else already knows about.  And sometimes I resist books, movies or whatever, just because everyone is talking about them and I am certain that whatever it is, it can't possibly be that good.  Okay, so I am just a little bit stubborn, I guess.  But this time it seems everyone is right.  I have finally found David Lebovitz.  I read his blog now, word for word and I even read all the comments because they are really amazing, too.  His photos are so gorgeous that they make my mouth water (if you don't believe me, just click on the link and see for yourself!).
Does he have the world's best job or what?  He worked in the pastry department at Chez Panisse in California, he has written or been featured in numerous magazine and newspaper articles and television shows.  He writes best-selling cookbooks (desserts are his specialty), and lives in PARIS. Ah oui.  He lives in the same city as La Tour Eiffel.  He eats and drinks and blogs about it.  And he is really funny, too. 
I do know that no one has the perfect life.  I came to that realization in my mid-thirties when I figured out that I was not the only person whose life was not an episode of "Leave It To Beaver" or "The Brady Bunch."  But, hey, I think M. Lebovitz just might have it figured out...
And as soon as I am brave enough to actually try to make one of his recipes, I will blog about it and take a few photos.
Oh-- he also mentioned anchovies from the beautiful French town of Collioure.

How nice to reminisce...


Bon appétit, David!  Keep eating and blogging, s'il vous plaît!

No comments: