Monday, August 15, 2011
This and that
I am not usually so taken with Hollywood-type gossip, but I am happy to get that piece of news. I love him, too, and have seen him in concert a couple of times.
2. Happy Birthday, Julia Child! Thank you for the inspiration and for letting Americans know that good food is wonderful and should not come from a box or can. I will continue to visit your "shrine" at the American History Museum in DC every time I am in town.
4. And tomorrow is the 34th anniversary of the death of Elvis.
I was in college when it happened. A girl on my hall was very, very upset. I almost got to see him in concert in Asheville when I was in high school, but Daddy Tommy decided that his baby girl shouldn't be in such a place seeing such a sight. I realize now that I shouldn't have been such a goody-goody and I should've gone anyway. Hindsight.
5. I had lunch today at Foster's Market with a new friend. She came to the Alain de Welle Provence wine tasting at Wine Authorities a couple of weeks ago and then started reading my blog. It was a very nice lunch until my college-grad son interrupted it with a dead car and I had to talk him down from that and point out the usefulness of the AAA card his dad I provide him with just for such calamities. Hopefully, it is just a dead battery.
6. To get through the first empty nest day, I headed straight up the stairs and cleaned. Amazing how therapeutic cleaning can be. We went from
7. The Ex-Ex and I went to Foster's and celebrated in the middle of the afternoon.
8. Bath and Body Works is now filled with pink Eiffel Towers and a promotion for their new fragrance Paris Amour. My name is officially on the list for one when the promotion is over. It will look très belle in my classroom!
I think that about does it for today. Faculty meetings for the rest of the week. Guess summer is officially over for me. Seems to go by faster and faster with each passing year. Funny how that happens.
Bon appétit, and happy birthday, Moo!