Thursday, October 10, 2013

Boots cats barbeque

Boots





Cats



Barbeque



And just what do those have in common, you are probably wondering.

It has been a long, difficult ten days.  A dear couple whom I have known for many, many years lost their 21 year old son last week.  It just doesn't make sense.  My heart breaks for them and for the hole that has been left in their once normal lives.  But somehow life goes on.  Somehow everyone learns how to cope or at least how to get through the days and nights.  I find that music helps.  It heals. It makes me cry, it makes me sing, it makes me hum or whistle.  It reaches down into my soul.  At school today we had an assembly scheduled.  I didn't know anything about the group coming to play  music for us.  I wasn't looking forward to it, to tell the truth.  I even thought about skipping it, pleading a headache.  However, I headed into our assembly space and was so glad I did.  What a much needed 45 minutes of music.  Project Trio from Brooklyn entertained us.  Three guys who love what they do.  My soul was lifted by listening to them play, especially their tribute to Jean "Django" Reinhart and his gypsy jazz, music that I have just recently discovered thanks to Frenchie and Childhood Friend.  The guys taught the kids the fine art of beatbox, making percussion sounds with your mouth.  Right up the alley of 360 middle schoolers.  And their teachers.  That's where the boots cats barbeque comes in.  Make those sounds with your mouth the right way and you are on your way to beatboxing.  And to feeling your soul lift up and a smile spreading across your face.

Enjoy.




  


Many hugs and much love coming your way, Signora.  


No comments: