Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merci, Pillsbury

On my kitchen counter, at this very moment, there is banana bread, scones, cookies and carrot cake, all homemade.   But guess what the sons really wanted for breakfast today?  Oui, as pictured above, Pillsbury cinnamon rolls.  They love them.   I haven't conducted a taste test of these versus my own, but I have with my homemade oatmeal raisin cookies vs Pillsbury's and mine did not win.  So, I guess I won't bother with the cinnamon buns.  I'll just pop the can, bake 'em up and slather on the icing.  They downed the buns with mugs of Land O'Lakes hot chocolate.  Heavenly smells.
I received a beautiful new baking pan for Christmas from one of my advisees.  And it gets better- it was filled with homemade banana bread and the recipe was attached. 


 I've already made it once, as you can see from the photo.  It didn't last very long.  As a matter of fact, I only got one piece of it.  The un-ex loves banana bread.  It went well with his coffee and crossword puzzle on a couple of pre-Christmas mornings.  Okay, it may have lasted three mornings...
The cute snowman and Santa are actually wine corks sent to me by Tammy in Arizona.  Too cute, n'est-ce pas?  Merci, mon amie!

The Maxfield's Banana Bread Recipe

1 stick unsalted butter
3/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
3-5 bananas, (3 large, 4 medium or 5 small)

Cream butter and sugar.  Add eggs one at a time and beat for 30 seconds after each one.  Sift in flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.  Add vanilla and beat for 30 seconds.  In a separate bowl, mash bananas.  Add bananas to batter and beat for 30 seconds.  Pour batter into pan sprayed with Pam.  Sprinkle sugar over top.  Bake at 350F for 60 minutes or until bread tests done.

Bon appétit, Maxfield Family and Pillsbury Dough Boy!

No comments: