Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Bull City

Anyone who has read this blog or knows me, knows I love my city, Durham.  I wasn't born here, but I chose to move here 28 years ago and love it more every day.  Honestly I do.  I haven't moved around much in my life-- the first 18 years were spent in Spruce Pine, living in the same house.  The next 4 were in Boone, while I was in college (with a few months taken out to live in France).  In 1980, I moved to Chapel Hill after accepting a job teaching French at Durham Academy.  I spent 2 years there and then saw the light and moved to Durham.  While in Durham I've managed to stay in the same zip code.  France is the only other place I've lived.  (I hope the math adds up here... 18 + 4 + 2 + 28 = 52- yep, my math works this time.)
Durham is known as the Bull City.  And bulls are all around.
Downtown building bull at night...
In the daylight...
A statue of our bull...
The bull at our ballpark during the day...
And smoking at night this summer after one of our Durham Bulls players hit a home run...
Seth Gross' new restaurant in the works for downtown Durham...  just looking at the website makes me hungry.
So, my question is this.  Wonder what it would take for my blog to be linked to Bull City Rising?  This is the website for those of us "more inclined to say Durham-Raleigh."  I get the daily updates and keep up with Durham gossip this way.  Maybe the writer gets a Google alert (the BFF just told me about this little feature) when his website is mentioned?  Maybe he will read this and some of my other entries and decide to link me up!  Time will tell.  On verra.  I am even bringing in 30 Frenchies this spring to spend a week in the Bull City.  Oh là là!

Bon appétit, Bull City!

No comments: