Thursday, February 10, 2011

Une photo de moi!!


For the first time in my life I am sorta kinda a model!!  Oui, that's little old moi in the back row grinning from oreille à oreille because I am standing on the balcony of the Opéra Garnier in Paris and the sun is shining on a beautiful January day.  Yesterday I got an email from ACIS, the travel company who has put together a fabulous trip for my 14 eighth grade angels, our art teacher (known previously in this blog as the Arles Lucy), and me.  When I opened the email, I didn't really even look at the photo-- you know the drill, you don't look because you don't think you know who anyone is anyway-- just read the email.  Then right before I closed the email, I glanced back at the top of the page and gave a little shout (while proctoring the after school study hall, no less)  "That's me!!  I am famous!"  Normally, I hate photos of me.  I usually look confused or my mouth is open (between eating and talking, two of my favorite activities, it is usually open).  This one I like, though.  What's not to like about standing in the Paris sunshine?
And in exactly three weeks, we will be on our way to France.  

Bon appétit, Paris!

No comments: