Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June 1 Herald-Sun

I really had forgotten how fun it is and what a thrill it gives me to open up the Durham Herald-Sun and see my smiling face and read my words.  Call me silly.  Remind me not to give up my day job.  But the day when my article hits the food section just makes me plain old happy.
This month's inspiration came from my new Frenchie friends and the week they spent here in Durham with me in April and all the wonderful meals we ate.  The photo is of Oliver's pesto pasta salad.

Read on--


http://www.heraldsun.com/view/full_story/13504710/article-Playing-the-food-tour-guide?instance=main_article

And make Olivier's salad.  Nothing to it.  And so delicious on a hot steamy day like the ones we are experiencing here in the piedmont of North Carolina right now.


Olivier's Pesto Pasta Salad

(use as much of the following ingredients as you need to make the number of desired servings)

Bowtie pasta, cooked al dente  (you can use any kind of pasta, but bowties are interesting)
Black olives, pitted
Cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
Pesto (either homemade or store bought)
Fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into pieces
Olive oil

Combine everything in a bowl and stir gently to mix.  Cover and store in the refrigerator.
I put a little sprinkle of my coveted Camargue salt on mine before eating.
A chilled glass of Provence rosé goes well with this, as well as a nice fresh baguette.

Bon appétit, June and summertime!

No comments: