Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sleepless in Paris





I am seriously not getting my beauty sleep. There is just too much to do and see. Oh, and did I mention the 20 eighth graders I am constantly chasing after? One of them snapped this photo today of Arles Lucy and moi. I have no doubt that at least 200 photos were snapped of la Tour Eiffel during our two hour visit. I can account for at least 20 of them...
I have seen some new sights, chiefly the Basilica of St. Denis, the burial place of kings and queens of France. What a beautiful place. The heart of Louis XVII was even in a little urn.
Arles Lucy has not yet had any mousse au chocolat so she is getting a bit cranky. I must remedy that tomorrow ASAP. I took her to Shakespeare & Co. Bookstore for the first time. She loved it. We struck up a conversation with a young British fellow who has been living there for 5 weeks.
Some of the girlies ordered (and ate!) escargots tonight in a little cafe near the Eiffel Tower.



Impressionant, n'est-ce pas?
Dessert looked good, too--



I didn't save room. There is always tomorrow, right?
Chocolate milkshake in Paris??



Pourquoi pas?
We are heading to the Aligre market tomorrow morning. Better get back to that beauty sleep...

Bon appetit et bonne nuit, mes amis!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

MPK said...

I am so jealous!