Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Nutella for breakfast


Well, why not?  Not only Nutella but Nutella and coconut.  Is there a better combination?
Last Friday, I was fussing at myself in front of one of my 7th grade classes about the fact that I saw a really cute Nutella cookbook at a bookstore in France, but I hadn't bought it.  Lo and behold, first thing Monday morning what should walk through the door of my classroom but the cookbook AND one of the recipes prepared by one of the girlies who went on the trip with me.


Isn't this seriously cute?  This girlie wrote me a thank you note that is now safely taped to the inside of the book.  She made the treat pictured above for her classmates.  I took one bite and then showed great restraint by waiting to consume the rest only after escaping from campus during my free period to get a cup of coffee.  Civilized, non?  I wanted to savor every little crumb.
There are 30 recipes for deliciousness such as Whoopies au Nutella et à l'Orange (they really like to use the word Whoopie now!)


Financiers coeur Nutella (a different take on my last blog recipe- I need a pan!)


Petites crèmes au Nutella

Sucettes au Nutella coeur au caramel fondant (see how this oozing caramel keeps showing up??)


Crumble aux poires et au Nutella (the Frenchies love crumble, too)


Macarons au Nutella

and Petites meringues coeur Nutella.


The other kiddies are drooling over the book and may ask to copy recipes.  I've already promised one class Nutella brownies or cupcakes and I need to make good on that promise en grande vitesse...

Coulants au coco coeur Nutella
4 servings
Recipe and photos from Les 30 meilleures recettes Nutella, Larousse 2011

140 g / 5 ounces (almost 2 cups) shredded coconut
80 g / 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
40 g / 3 Tbsp. softened butter
1 egg yello
100 g / 3.5 oz. / 1/2 c. coconut milk
3 egg whites
A pinch of salt
Flour for the molds
4 tsp. of Nutella

1.  Preheat the oven to 350˚F / 180˚C.
2.  In a bowl, mix the coconut, sugar, butter, the egg yellow and the coconut milk.
3.  In another bowl, beat the egg whites and salt until the eggs whites form stiff peaks then gently fold them into the coconut mixture.
4.  Butter and flour 4 ramekins.  Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts.  Put one teaspoon of Nutella in the middle of each one and cover it with the coconut mixture.
5.  Bake for 15 minutes.  Remove from the oven, let them cool for 5 minutes, then gently remove them from the molds.

*Push the Nutella into the middle of the coconut mixture so that it doesn't dry out or form a crust while baking.

Bon appétit, Nutella!  Merci, jeune fille pour le petit livret de recettes!

No comments: