Monday, February 27, 2012

Les Oscars



Okay, yes, I know. This is not a photo of last night's Academy Awards. It is Wheel of Fortune and Vanna White. The really big deal is that the Ex-Ex and I have a brand new TV. Oui, we have entered the 21st century with a plasma HD one with more channels that we will ever watch. Our sons are proud. And a bit shocked, I guess, that we finally did it. (Tiny Bubbles In The Wine, by the way)
I can't believe I did it, but I actually stayed up past my bedtime on a school night to watch the Oscars. For once, I had seen several of the films up for Best Picture... Midnight in Paris, Moneyball, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, The Help, and The Artist. (Some years I haven't seen any of them.). I loved each movie, each for a different reason. But I fell in love with both Midnight in Paris and The Artist. I was very pleased with the final outcome. Woody Allen and Midnight won for Best Screenplay and The Artist won Best Picture. Jean Dujardin est charmant, n'est-ce pas? Magnifique! Formidable! Merveilleux!
 blog.zaptoit.com
Oh, and I still haven't figured out which French gros mot he uttered...

Bon appétit, Oscar et Jean!


No comments: