Thursday, November 1, 2012

Country Music Loves Paris, Too


This is my shot of La Tour Eiffel and fireworks on July 14, le 14 juillet.  She wasn't really leaning.  I do not know how that happened.  I am sure there is a perfectly good explanation, but I had my iPhone and was trying to snap away over the heads of the thousands (millions??) of people between me and la Grande Dame.
Anyway, here I sit tonight, grading papers and making up a quiz for the Rue des Rosiers Yabla video that the kiddies are supposed to watch for homework, and the CMA award show is on.  I am a country  music fan and the Ex-Ex has become one, too.  I got an email from one of the girlies who was in my class a couple of years ago letting me know that Taylor Swift has a new video set in Paris.  And just as I was getting ready to google it, Taylor shows up to sing the song with a Paris backdrop.  Oui, c'est vrai.  La Tour Eiffel, la Seine, a Métropolitain entrance, and a little café.  Quite lovely.  And a little bit later in the show, Brad Paisley was singing away and mentioned Paris.  Then, The Band Perry was nominated for vocal group of the year with Postcards from Paris (they didn't win, but that's okay, I still love them).
Even rednecks love Paris. And I am so glad.
In this lovely, sweet video, Taylor walks right past the lock that I put on the Pont des Arts.  The Ex-Ex hid it in my suitcase and I found it when I got to Paris.  The BFF and I made a very early morning trip to lock it on the bridge.  (Arles Lucy is so right... the light at this time of day is incredible.)




Bon appétit, Taylor! Merci, Catherine!

No comments: