Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Back in Provence!

Paris was lovely in the snow.  I braved the cold to trek down to see her up close on Sunday.  I am very happy to report that I did not slip and fall at all-- not while roaming around nor while dragging (literally) my two way too heavy suitcases through the snow and slush from the Novotel on Quai de Grenelle to Bir Hakeim metro stop to the Gare de Lyon train station. (I think that is why I have a backache today...) There ended up being about 4 inches of snow (pictures when I get home and have my own computer again). ACIS had planned a trip to the chateau of Chantilly on Sunday but that didn't happen due to the snow.  We were treated to a dinner cruise of the Seine instead.  Tragic, n'est-ce pas?  Foie gras and kir royale and dessert from Le Notre.
Now I am back in Villeneuve-lez-Avignon, pecking away at this French keyboard while Mme P is at a staff meeting.  Last night we had moules-frites for dinner, at the suggestion of one of her daughters.  Today I am at school, yes, actually working, and tonight we are hosting M et Mme A for dinner (cassoulet is on the menu).  It is so wonderful to be back here.  The Provence sun is shining, the skies are blue, and Mme P has a surprise planned for me for tomorrow.  She hinted that is a place that I know well, where there is a Wednesday market.  And a girls' night at Mme Boop's house in Tavel.  I have heard champagne and foie gras mentioned... oh, and fondant du chocolat. 
More updates from the road as I have internet or time.  I am most definitely collecting material for future blogs!  I met some wonderful people in Paris and look forward to keeping in touch with them-- even if they are Georgia Bulldogs.  Go Vols!

The Ex-Ex cuts the ribbon for our new gym at school today.  Congratulations from afar.  I know that it is fabulous!

A plus, mes amis!

Bon appetit!
( I have no idea how to find accents of this keyboard...)

No comments: