Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day started a day early at Wine Authorities with a wine and chocolate tasting/pairing.  Michel Cluizel chocolate paired with Pellegrini 8 Cousins Zinfandel 2007, Thorn Clarke Terra Barossa Shiraz 2008, Sant'Evasio Brachetto d'Acqui 2009 and Mas de l'Avail Expression 2007 Maury Rouge.
My Mother's Day was wonderful.  We had perfect weather, blue skies, temperatures hovering around 70, a little breeze blowing.  (Where can I find weather like that year round?)
High school-age son actually got out of bed at 8:00 am to have breakfast with us at Elmo's.  (College-age son didn't arrive home until later in the day.)
I talked to my mom.  I caught her in between church and work (yes, she had to work on Mother's Day...).  The Un-Ex talked to his mom.  They are both doing well.
For the first time in a while, both boys were home for dinner.  Nothing special, but I did make a strawberry tart with berries from the farmers' market.
The boys gave me dark chocolate.  Oui, they know my weakness.  I just let it melt in my mouth.
And the father of my children, the man who made me a mother, gave me a new camera so that I can take even more photos for this blog.  I hope he never gets tired of my obsession with this writing.
One of my 6th grade students brought in a bowl of strawberries she picked herself this weekend.  I photographed them, of course!  Aren't they beautiful?

I really should make something for her class... maybe there is some tart left over?  These may not make it home.  Or maybe they should be dipped in dark chocolate.  Hmmmm... decisions, decisions.

Bon appétit, to moms everywhere!

No comments: