Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Une femme d'un certain âge


I've used this expression before on the blog.  A woman of a certain age.  It just sounds so much nicer than middle-aged.  Maybe I am more vain than I think.  So where am I going with this and what does it have to do with Ernest Hemingway, you ask?  I just discovered a blog named A femme d'un certain age.  Such style.  Such interesting reading.  I can't wait to read more.  Quite a coincidence that the first post I saw was about one of Hemingway's novels, A Moveable Feast.  I just finished The Sun Also Rises, a hand-me-down from high school grad son.  Seeing Midnight in Paris made me realize how little I know about him and how few of his novels I've read.

If you are a femme d'un certain âge, check out Tish's blog.  Or if you just love Paris and French style and French stuff.  Or if you enjoy living vicariously through others, particularly others who live in Paris.

Bon appétit, les femmes d'un certain âge!

No comments: