Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Happy Birthday, Google!

Today is Google's 13th birthday.  Bon anniversaire, Google!  I am surprised you are already 13.  A teenager.  Wow.  You've grown up so fast.  I hope you are used more than usual today.  Or should I wish you the day off?  No, that would never do.  I don't know what I did before you arrived.  How did I ever find out anything?  Names of movies.  Ages of actors and actresses.  What the euro is worth today?  The weather in Paris or Provence.  Before I could google The Sabbatical Chef and find out if anyone has linked me to their blogs. 
I have even turned you into a regular -er verb--  googler.  (I doubt that I am the first or only one to do that.  Wonder when the Académie Française will add you to their official dictionary?)

I love the doodles that your creative friends come up with.  Not that I don't also love your usual logo...
I do.
But I love the days when I open you up and find something new.  The Van Gogh one is a favorite.
As is Sesame Street.
And the one created for Roald Dahl's birthday.  But where's the BFG?
I could go on and on.  But how about these for Bastille Day?
I love them all!  Vive le Google!

Bon appétit, Google!

No comments: