Saturday, September 3, 2011

Really Cool Photo

Yesterday graduated-from-college-working son sent this photo to me.  I have no idea who took it and I wish I did so that I could give that person credit.  It is awe-inspiring, is it not?  I can tell you fairly certainly that it was taken in the second half of 2008 because the Eiffel Tower was lit up blue due to President Sarkozy reigning over the European Union.  I know that because that is when I was living in France on sabbatical!!  And I happened to be in Paris in November with the now Ex-Ex.  He joined me there.  His first time.  I didn't even realize the Iron Lady was blue until he said something along the lines of "I didn't know the Eiffel Tower was blue."  He was looking at it.  I was not.  So, I, in probably a smart-alecky know-it-all kind of voice, replied "It's not."  And then he turned me around so that I could see that she was indeed a lovely shade of blue against the nighttime sky.  Glad we weren't up on top when this happened, though.
I do love that mass of iron.  I truly do.  Can't wait to see her again.

Bon appétit, la Tour Eiffel!  Merci, mon fils!


No comments: