(This is really my Saturday post, day 9 of vacation. I am just posting 6 1/2 hours late...)
The Ex-Ex and I stopped in at the Family Fare just up the street from our house yesterday evening. We took what we needed to purchase up to the counter and the friendly young fellow asked if we wanted to buy a Powerball ticket. The drawings are on Saturday nights and the jackpot was up to 40 million. I promptly said we would take two. And then I actually start daydreaming about what I would do with the money. The Ex-Ex just says it's a waste of $4, that we will never win. And yes, I know the odds are a bazillion to one, but my heart starts beating a little faster anyway because I am thinking that someone has to win... Why not me?
- Pay off Son #1's student loans.
- Put away enough for the next three years of Son #2's college expenses.
- Figure out how much I can legally give my mom without her needing to pay taxes on it. (Guess one needs a good attorney when one wins the lottery, n'est-ce pas?)
- Set up a scholarship fund at my school.
- Make a contribution to the Durham Rescue Mission or TROSA, local programs I strongly believe in.
- Start the search for my little house in the south of France.
That's my short list.
Oh! David Lebovitz is giving away a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker on his website. I am sure I will win that, too. But you can go ahead and enter, too, if you want. The contest is open until Tuesday, June 19th.
Guess I will go check those numbers now.
Bon appétit et bonne chance!