Saturday, June 9, 2012

Summer Vacation Day 2

Gifts from my students come in various forms. I got several thoughtful thank you letters, one even written in French, making me a very proud teacher. A gift certificate to A Southern Season that the Ex-Ex and I will put to very good use. A cute Lily Pulitzer notepad complete with a pink pen.





Even though I am well known for wearing black, my students also know I am crazy about pink.
One of my advisees loves to bake pies. He baked several of them for us during the course of the year and he came to school with a Key Lime, his specialty, the last day. Much to the disappointment of the other eleven eager eaters, I did not share. I brought it home.




It is delicious. Really, really delicious.
The Ex-Ex ate a piece this morning for his birthday. Son #1 came home to see us and let us take him out to Foster's for coffee and wash his dirty clothes. Very thoughtful of him, wasn't it? Son #2 slept through coffee but went to Wendy's to buy dear dad a Frosty. They are both out with friends now, leaving the nest temporarily empty again. The Ex-Ex is playing Solitaire on "his" iPad that he solely uses for that game. Not an exciting birthday... But a good one, I hope.

Key Lime Pie
from allrecipes.com

1 9-inch prepared graham cracker pie crust
3 cups sweetened condensed milk (approximately 2 cans)
1/2 c. sour cream
3/4 c. key lime juice (approximately 20 key limes)
1 Tbsp. rated lime zest

Preheat oven to 350˚F.
In a medium bowl, combine milk, sour cream, lime juice, and zest.  Mix well and pour into crust.
Bake 5-8 minutes, until tiny pinhole bubbles burst on the surface of the pie.  Do not brown.  Chill pie thoroughly before serving.  Garnish with whipped cream and lime slices, if desired.


Bon appétit et bon anniversaire, Ex-Ex.

-Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: