Monday, June 11, 2012

Summer Vacation - Day Quatre


Today was Day 1 of an iPad Meet-Up, as our computer guru is calling it.  All of our middle schoolers will have those little gizmos in their hands next fall and a few of us are doing our best to learn how to use them in class.  MindMeister, Evernote, Penultimate, GoodReader, nearpod, Qrafter... Just a few months ago I had never heard of any of those apps.  Now they are downloaded on my latest version of the iPad.  I was actually engaged and learning stuff until about 1:00 and then I hit the wall and was on information overload.  I was trying to come up with a QRC, a Quick Response Code, you know those black and white boxes you can point your smartphone or iPad at and get information, for this blog and got totally lost.  Sorry, guru.  I promise to get a good night's sleep and be at the top of my game tomorrow at 8:30 am when we reconvene.
BB, one of my colleagues, took today's photo of her cucumber patch with her iPad.  Go, BB.  I told her today that she should make a commercial for the iPad and Face Time.  She was able to virtually visit with her ailing dad in Maine thanks to this technology.  She also made videos of him when she went for her last visit, as well as snapping some great photos of him. Her adorable daddy even sang to her I am honored that she shared this with me.
Time to get some sleep so that I won't fall asleep mid-morning on Day 2.
And BTW, pilates-yoga was awesome.  Stretched out the sore muscles from lifting weights yesterday.  I like the whole "honor your body" philosophy.

Bon appétit, bonne nuit et dormez bien!

No comments: