Sunday, June 10, 2012

Summer Vacation: Day Trois

 (photo from Pinterest- unsure who took it- sorry!)
This is what I will be doing in just three weeks.  I now spend a lot of time daydreaming about the trip and tweaking the plans the BFF and I have made for our group of 6 plus us.  Three days in Paris, a week in Villeneuve-lez-Avignon, Bastille Day in Paris, Mont St. Michel.  Very exciting, n'est-ce pas?
This is how lazy I wish I could be.  Rusty-type lazy.  He usually gets up with me in the morning.  I make the coffee, he whines for food, I feed him, he eats, he chases his sister, Callie, then he goes back to sleep.  But this morning he broke our routine.  Since Son #2 got home last month, Rusty sleeps upstairs with him.  But last night, Son #1 was home.  Rusty isn't too fond of him so I figured he would sleep downstairs.  But I found him in the box lid next to Son #2's bed.  Son #2 even put a t-shirt in the box.  Good grief.  He didn't even bother to get up with me.
But instead of lazing around and sleeping in a box lid or even napping on the sofa, I am trying to beat my 50+ year old body into shape.  Oui.  I am my own summer project.  Walking with the BFF early in the morning, biking with Iron Woman (who is in incredible shape), and today I worked out with Mario at the Y.  Worked out with machines.  Lord have mercy.  Tomorrow, if I manage to get out of bed, I tackle Pilates and Yoga.  Or it tackles me. Stay tuned.

Skinny Shake
from Joel Fuhrman, M.D., author of Eat To Live, by way of Dr. Mehmet Oz and his Oz-Approved 7-Day Crash Diet

1 cup of ice
4 ounces of pomegranate juice
1 cup frozen strawberries (I have fresh ones since they are in season right now)
Squeeze of lemon

Add all ingredients to a blender and enjoy.  Add water to reach your desired consistency.

I haven't tried this one yet, but it's on my to-do list this week--


Creamy Fruit and Berry Smoothie
recipe from Eat To Live, Hachette Book Group, 2011

serves 2

1 cup pomegranate juice
1/2 cup unsweetened soy, hemp, or almond milk
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup frozen peaches
1 banana
2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds

Blend all the ingredients in a high-powered blender until smooth and creamy.

Bon appétit et bon courage!

No comments: