Saturday, April 14, 2012

Robert Doisneau

Google has inspired me again.  Today's doodle is in celebration of Robert Doisneau.  Today would have been his 100th birthday.  I have long admired his black and white photos.  I have had calendars and post cards of his work.  Today I'm borrowing a photo, though, from Wikipedia and the doodle from Google.
Here is M. Doisneau--

Go to his website and check out his lovely photos.  They make me smile and miss Paris terribly.
I wish that I'd been able to see the exhibit of his photos of Les Halles that was held at the Hôtel de Ville when I was in Paris last month.
This one sums up my professional life!  Some things never change...  1956?  2012?  France?  Durham?

This short YouTube video shows the making of the doodle and some of his work--
 

Bon anniversaire, Robert!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.