Thursday, April 19, 2012

Welcome to the Eiffel Tower

On my last trip to Paris, in March, I took lots and lots of photos of the Iron Lady... once again.  Comme d'habitude.  I just cannot help myself.  With my little Canon point and shoot.  So, without further ado, here are my favorite shots from 2012.  (I will be back in Paris in July and I know that I will take more.  Stay tuned.)
Dusk from Montmartre
A creative twist to a sign

The view from the Arc de Triomphe

The tree in front is kind of cool, n'est-ce pas?

Rain on the plexi-glass cover of the Bateau Parisien

Arles Lucy and moi (did you know that the Eiffel Tower brown paint is a patented color and only used on her and that the paint color is slightly different on each floor?)
 
All lit up and sparkly

And after the sparkles stop

Looking up from underneath

Looking up the side 


Another view up the side

Even on a cloudy morning she is magnifique

Another night view





I think I have a thing for trees... I am seeing a pattern here
This guy is on the side of the elevator.  I thought he was real at first.




I obviously really like this view-- more trees framing her

 The ride up - hard to get a shot because the elevator ride is a quick one

This is the very top- the antennae and satellites are way up there


M. Gustave Eiffel and M. Thomas Edison, I believe, discussing matters of great importance.  This fooled me the first time I saw it, too.  I am rather gullible.  I read that M. Eiffel had lovely parties in his apartment at the top.  Wouldn't that have been fun?  Read Eiffel's Tower by Jill Jonnes if you want to know more.

Enough for today.
Hope you enjoyed the ride!

Bon appétit, Gustave et la Tour Eiffel!

1 comment:

Auberge chez Richard said...

With something as iconic as the Tour, I find you can never take enough pictures. The weather, the season, the perspective (visually and personal) it goes on and on. I have taken pics of a summer house year after year for more year's than I care to admit. It changes but maybe its just me that does.