Monday, January 9, 2012

T+3

After running around Paris like a crazy lady, chasing after the Eiffel Tower for three days, including
a Sunday, I will be off to Provence for four days.  I will take the métro
not a bike

to the Gare du Lyon
where I will board the TGV, bound for Nîmes, with its crocodiles and palm trees.
An interesting mascot, n'est-ce pas?
There is a story behind it.  I can't quite remember it, though.  Julius Caesar's Nile campaigns?  It's the city's contemporary coat-of-arms anyway.  After lunch in Nîmes, I will head over to Villeneuve-lès-Avignon to meet up with Mme P.  She will be my host for three days.  Plans include two days at school with her classes (I am taking over penpal letters and little gifts from my students for hers), a day to goof off (I proudly taught the Frenchies that English expression last spring!), and cooking with Mme P in her kitchen-- oui, chef!
I will be as happy as these cows and sheep! 

And oui, I will taste their cheese.  Gladly.
Maybe on this bread called vigneron?
Maybe this fromage de Provence?
Perhaps a visit to the market for some dried lavender?
I know there is some sort of surprise planned... and I will bet it involves a lovely dinner.  Oooooh, I can't wait!


Bon appétit, la Belle France!

No comments: